March - April: What is Grade Fourth studying?
ELA: Nonfiction Integrated Units of Study
During the month of March, we will continue working on Colonial and Revolutionary War and writing informational pieces.
- Unit of Study: Colonial and Revolutionary War
- How can people influence government?
- Students will read fiction and nonfiction text in order to gain an understanding of determining important details.
- Informational Writing
- Chapter 8: Students will continue to multiply fractions by whole numbers.
- Chapter 9: Students will explore the relationship between fractions and decimals.
- Chapter 10: Students will explore two-dimensional figures. They will identify lines, rays, angles, parallel and perpendicular lines, and find lines of symmetry.
- Chapter 11: Students will measure angles.
Fourth Grade Homework, What to expect?
Homework is a crucial part of your child's active learning process and essential to their academic progress. Please make sure that all homework is completed daily.
- Remember, you are there to support your child's learning, but homework needs to be completed by your child.