March - April: What is Grade 3 is studying?
ELA: Integrated Unit of Study: China
- Students will read nonfiction text and fiction stories to learn about the geography, culture and natural resources affect the way people live and work in China
- Informative writing: Students will use the writing process and 6+1 Traits of Writing to share their research on topics related to the culture of China.
ELA: ELA Integrated Unit: Brazil
- Students will read nonfiction text and fiction stories to learn about how geography, climate and deforestation effect the people and animals of Brazil.
- Writing: Students will use the writing process and 6+1 Traits of Writing to share their opinion on environmental topics related to Brazil
- Writing: Students will use the writing process and 6+1 Traits of Writing to share their research on topics related to the culture of China.
ELA Literature Unit
- Students will read porquoi tales to explore these types of narratives and how they explain the origins of natural phenomenon.
- Chapter 10: Students will be able to tell time and measure length, liquid volume, and mass.
- Chapter 11: Students will measure perimeter and area.
- Chapter 12: Students will use their understanding of addition and apply to subtraction concepts.
Third Grade: Writing Celebration Schedule
- 3-232: December 10, 2019, 10:00AM
- 3-217: December 11 2019, 10:00AM
- 3-313: December 11 2019, 1:30PM
- 3-309: December 12, 2019, 10:00AM
- 2/3- T5: December 13, 2019, 10:00AM
Grade 3 Homework, What to expect?
Homework is a crucial part of your child's active learning process and essential to their academic progress. Please make sure that all homework is completed daily.
- Remember, you are there to support your child's learning, but homework needs to be completed by your child.
- Remember to sign your child's homework every day!
Grade 3 Homework is as follows:
Reading Log: Students should be reading at home for 20-30 minutes a night. Please have them record their book on the reading log. It will be collected in school.
Words of the Week
- Monday: 3 times each
- Tuesday: ABC order
- Wednesday: Sentences
- Thursday: Story
- Friday: Quiz
- Students will receive daily math homework from the Home Links or Math Steps books.
- Every night your child should be studying their times tables.