September: What is Grade 3 is studying?
ELA: Building Classroom Communities
During the first fifteen days of school we will be reading literature books about friendship and what it means to be a good citizen of a school community
- Students will read fiction stories to learn about their school community
Writing: Narrative Writing
- Draw a picture and tell about something fun you’ve done at school
- Chapter 1: Students will solve addition and subtraction problems within 1,000
Grade 3 Homework, What to expect?
Homework is a crucial part of your child's active learning process and essential to their academic progress. Please make sure that all homework is completed daily.
- Remember, you are there to support your child's learning, but homework needs to be completed by your child.
- Remember to sign your child's homework every day!
Grade 3 Homework is as follows:
Reading Log: Students should be reading at home for 20-30 minutes a night. Please have them record their book on the reading log. It will be collected in school.
Words of the Week
- Monday: 3 times each
- Tuesday: ABC order
- Wednesday: Sentences
- Thursday: Story
- Friday: Quiz
- Students will receive daily math homework from the Go Math Student Edition.
- Every night your child should be studying their times tables.