September: What is Grade 2 is studying?
ELA: Building Classroom Communities
During the first fifteen days of school we will be reading literature books about friendship and being a good classroom citizen.
- Students will read fiction stories to learn about their school community
Writing: Narrative Writing
- Draw a picture and tell about something fun you’ve done at school
- Chapter 11: Students will explore fraction and geometry concepts.
Second Grade Homework, What to expect?
Homework is a crucial part of your child's active learning process and essential to their academic progress. Please make sure that all homework is completed daily.
- Remember, you are there to support your child's learning, but homework needs to be completed by your child.
- Read for 20 minutes every day.
- When finished, complete reading logs.
- Spelling homework is the same every week
- Math - pages from Go Math Student Edition will be given daily.
- Homework can vary between all second grade classes.
The following links can be used at home to reinforce reading and math skills: