March - April: What is Grade 2 is studying?
ELA Integrated Unit of Study: New York City - Changes Over Time
- Students will read nonfiction text and fiction stories to learn about the causes and impact of many changes in New York City over the past five hundred years.
- Students will learn to introduce a topic and state an opinion, supply two reasons to support their opinion and provide a sense of closure.
- Chapter 7: Students will explore and understand using money and telling time.
- Chapter 8: Students will measure in customary units.
- Chapter 9: Students will measure length in metric units.
Second Grade Homework, What to expect?
Homework is a crucial part of your child's active learning process and essential to their academic progress. Please make sure that all homework is completed daily.
- Remember, you are there to support your child's learning, but homework needs to be completed by your child.
- Read for 20 minutes every day.
- When finished, complete reading logs.
- Spelling homework is the same every week
- Math - pages from Home Links, Skills Links, or worksheets will be given daily.
- Homework can vary between all second grade classes.
The following links can be used at home to reinforce reading and math skills: