First Grade, what to expect?
Homework is a crucial part of your child's active learning process and essential to their academic progress. Please make sure that all homework is completed daily.
Weekly Spelling Schedule:
- Monday -- Write each word 3 times each.
- Tuesday -- Write sentences for words 1-5.
- Wednesday -- Write sentences for words 6-10.
- Thursday -- Write the words in ABC order.
- Friday -- Make a Word Pyramid for each word: Write the spelling word, adding one letter at a time to create a pyramid. Start with one letter on top then progress to two, three, and so on until the word is spelled down like a pyramid. Here is an example for the word about: about
Remember to read with your child every night for at least 20 minutes and talk with your child about the story.
- Math homework will be given every night in math workbook.
- Homework will vary between all first grade classes.
- Daily reading practice on RAZ Kids.