March - April: What is Grade 5 studying?
ELA: Integrated Unit of Study: The Four Freedoms: History of the U.S.A
- Students will read nonfiction text and fiction stories to learn about how a global desire for freedom impacts society in the U.S.A.
- Opinion writing: Students will use the writing process and Teachers College Rubric to produce essays that form and support an argument.
- Chapter 8: Students will divide fractions.
- Chapter 9: Students will graph data using a line plot and line graph. They will also graph data with ordered pairs.
- Chapter 10: Students will convert units of measures.
- Chapter 11: Students will identify two-dimensional and three-dimensional figures and explore volume.