March - April: Whats is Kindergarten is studying?
Unit of Study: Animals – Polar Bears & Penguins
- In the beginning of March, students will continue to read nonfiction text and fiction stories to learn about penguins and polar bears.
- Informative writing: Students will learn how to name their topic and write facts to support their topic.
Social Studies: Families
In the third integrated unit of study, students will learn about families.
- Students will read fiction and nonfiction text in order to learn about different kinds of families.
- Students will learn about nuclear and extended families and be able to name the family members.
Writing: Opinion Writing
- Students will use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose opinion pieces in which they tell a reader the topic and state an opinion or preference about the topic.
- Students will be reading fiction and nonfiction texts and focusing on C.A.P skills.
- Students will be learning how to make predictions, make simple inferences, identify the main idea, and retell a story.
- Chapter 7: Students will represent, count, and write numbers 11 to 19.
- Chapter 8: Students will continue to represent, count, and write 20 and beyond.
- Chapter 9: Students will be able to identify and describe two-dimensional shapes.
- Chapter 10: Students will identify three-dimensional shapes.